View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 10:43 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
I don't see an Atlatl or spear being allowed into the archery only seasons after all they are not archery tackle.
Nothing wrong with them in a regular season however , and as far as regulating them hoes what for?
The people that use them know full well the capabilities and the distances involved in making a clean kill.
I don't think that the people using these have an overpowering desire to get blood on their hands either, of they would simply use rifles and shotguns ...,.
Cat
I dunno Cat. If i were using a spear or dart thrower i guarantee you i would be found playing in archery season. That is what its for, with archery equipment being the most advanced equipment for allowable use. This really is a no brainer. I am primarily an archer, very little rifle use anymore. I cannot and would not back anyone or anything stating that early season "archery" need exclude even more primitive methods than such. And again, i would just go hunting if it were me playing with these tools.

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er