View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 07:30 AM

I'm with Bobby B.

I use Bergers in every gun I shoot. I've killed over a hundred animals with them and they have performed flawlessly every time. I shoot 115 Grain Bergers in my 257 weatherby, 168 gr in 7MM Rem Mag, 180 Grain in 308 Lazzeroni and they kill anything you shoot at. The biggest and best thing about this bullet is they hit the exact spot you are aiming at every time. 140 Grain bullet is lots for killing elk out of a 7mm Rem Mag, shoot them in the heart and they'll drop faster than anything you've ever seen.

As with any bullet, practice and only make shots you are ethically comfortable shooting. A well placed shot with that bullet will perform as well as anything. Obviously a 140 Grain bullet from a 7mm isn't meant to kill elk at 1,000 yards but it will do a damn good job out to several hundred yards.

The 168 Grain Berger out of the 7mm Rem Mag will flatten Grizzlies, Elk, Moose and anything you look at out to 1,000 yards. I've tried, they work. I use the 115 grain berger on Muleys and Bighorns and have killed (and dropped on the spot) them out to 600 yards.