View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 08:58 PM

Default Why don't we stock more Perch in our Lakes

I keep seeing posts from the crew fishing at Sundance Lake with smiling kids and plenty of fish and it makes me wonder. Some of the best perch fishing in recent years especially in and around the cities has come from illegally stocked lakes. Now, I'm not condoning the illegal stocking of fish, but, what would be wrong with the government controlling the stocking some of these smaller lakes with perch.....obviously some of them are suitable.

It would take tons of pressure off of the other lakes as well as providing fishing opportunities in and around the major centers. Our newer subdivisions and park systems are full of small man-made lakes.

We are not blessed with the amount of lakes that some of our neighboring provinces have, but I for one like a pan full of fish from time to time. When I see the pics of the Calgary guys on a bright sunny day with a mess of fish on the ice, I don't see anything negative about it. Perhaps someone could set me straight. I'd sacrifice a couple of inches on the perch in my bucket if I could save 50 bucks worth of fuel.