View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_AOL View Post
I'd worry about it... My nephew has Lyme Disease because of a tick bite here in Alberta. Worst part is, the lack of knowledge (or belief), that it exists here. They went to the doctor after they discovered the target style rash, only to be told it was nothing & sent home. Well the "flu-like" symptoms started, and they went back, Sent home Again. Finally went to a person that specializes in Lyme disease, and it was confirmed, yes he has Lyme disease. Started treatment, everything seems to be under control, although months passed between the time of the bite, and when the antibiotics started. Hopefully no harm done.

And that is not the only case, I know of three other people that were misdiagnosed, some have been told they had MS, yet years later they find out it was Lyme disease.

IT is NOT something to brush off.. Check your kids/spouses regularly.
You never know.
I was lucky to have the target like rash that confirmed the bite. However that target like rash only occurs 25% of the time. Don't simply rely on seeing it.......

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.