View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox red lab View Post
FYI: Twice the number of sheep tickets as last year with the same price. Cut our chances in half but more money for the program. ( info as per Kelly Semple)
I am not sure it really lowers our chances of being drawn. Actually I know for a fact that it improved my chances this year.
By doubling the number of tickets to 15,000 it decreased the chance of one person from purchasing all the tickets.
Last year for $75,000 you could have bought all the tickets and been guaranteed to win. Now this year it would cost you $150,000 to win. Instead of buying all the tickets for $150,000 to win the permit, why not spend $80,000 on just out right buying the permit from the FNAWS convention. Unfortunately last year the grand majority of tickets were purchased by one individual and there were thousands like myself who were not able to buy any tickets.
The original ideal of raffling off this special permit was to allow everyone in Alberta to be able to have a shot at one of these special opportunities. Not allowing one individual with a little more money than the average Joe to have an advantage over me and you.
It may and probably will create more funds, but now we all get a kick at the cat.

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner