View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 11:27 PM
Coyote Joe

I went Caribou hunting with Petersons Point lake outfit in 2005. Out of the 4 of us that went we shot 7 bulls. Me and my partner probably saw 20 bulls a day. Only one or two cows all together. Jim Peterson said the Caribou calved on a Island north of there. I cant remember which one. and that it depended where the cows calved on that island. The main migration goes to the west side of Point Lake if they calve on the west side and the main migration goes east of Point lake if the cows calve in the east. Every year it could be differant. It must all depend on the flies. We saw bulls running for their lives being chased by flies. It was amazing. If the bulls are running from the flies all day then the horn growth is not as big. I talked to Jim after the season and there were very few flies for the last half of the summer and the bulls showed it in horn growth. He also said that they tagged out. Petersons has a web address www.petersonspointlake.com/ in the site they have a news letter but 2006 is not there yet. Also an email address to get ahold of Jim if you have any questions.