View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertaatlatl View Post
Very interesting comment! What we need is members in the ABA or affiliates to stand up to their leadership and state their views! I agree, that for every 1 that says anything there are 10 more thinking the same. Take a stand! We will be at the ATBA GM tomorrow and at the ABA GM the following Saturday, to voice our stance as MEMBERS if the ATBA and ABA! I do hope that others will stand up for our rights as well, and ask for the ABA proposal to be withdrawn! See y'all there!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcbride View Post
Wish i lived closer and could be there. Make sure to let us all know how it goes.
Very simply, if you cannot be there, at least ask your colleagues in attendance to speak up and just as importantly write to the whole ABA executive stating your position, ask for a reply to your concerns.
Do not write just to the president.
http://www.bowhunters.ca/Executive_Contact.html

----

I suggest that there are two areas of concern with this resolution that must be addressed. Please bring these topics up at the meeting and in your letters. Remember, this is an organization that is supposed to follow a procedure, so the procedure must be followed.

ABA membership's first concern should be that this resolution was never offered for discussion nor voted on by the Members. This executive decision appears to be against the ABA constitution.

The executive needs to be held accountable to clarify whether the ABA Constitution was followed. Was the resolution adopted in accordance with the ABA By-laws? Why was this resolution never presented to the Membership for a vote?

If this resolution was presented without following the ABA By-Laws, then it should be immediately withdrawn.

The second concern is the resolution itself. If you disagree with it, request that the resolution be withdrawn from the AGMAG discussion until the ABA Membership has an opportunity to discuss and vote on it.

----

There is absolutely no support for this ABA resolution within the other AGMAG hunting groups, they all want to see it disappear. The ABA Executive brought this forward on its own volition and is solely responsible for its existence.

Now it is up to the ABA membership to take charge, inform the executive of their opinion, and direct their representatives on what position to take.

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."