View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tox View Post
This is where I have an issue with this. I am not against the use of these tools but as the regs. are written you can hunt with a bow with a min. draw weight. An arrow of minimum length, and a broad head of minimum width.
There is nothing written to say atlatl's and spears are illegal, nothing. So as I understand it, I can sharpen a stick and call it a spear? Is an atlatl considered a spear? an arrow? Dart? Can I use a legal arrow and broad head in conjunction with my slingshot?
On another note I agree to some extent that the image we as hunters portray is very important. Some may not care what others think but I for one do not prefer to be thought of as a barbarian by anti-hunters, fence sitters or to a lesser extent other hunters. JMHO
Some anti's think that hunting is barbarian no matter which weapon is used. Some anti's think rifle hunting is barbarian because it doesn't give the animal a chance. Some anti's think that bows are barbarian because there are better way's to kill an animal. And so on, and so on. We will never be able to please everybody. But, once we try to please one group the other groups will want the same. We as hunters should be supporting each others hunting methods as your hunting method could be next on the chopping block.