Thread: Trap checking
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendesen1 View Post
You can't have trapped long if you check every 10 days and don't have more loss. Also if you have never had a live lynx or coyote in a snare you are about the only one I know.
Trapped long is a relative term I guess. I'm 33 and I've had my own line for 4 years now. Before that was resident trapping and a junior on my fathers line. He's had that one since 1977, it was my grandfathers before. Well the 3 lines they own and trap were. He got them in the late 1940's and trapped until he was in his late 70's. I've been going to the Trapline since I was 3 years old and although I personally don't have 50 years of experience I feel I'm pulling from a pretty decent line of experience.
And no I've personally never had a lynx or coyote fowl caught in a snare, just lucky I guess.

On another note we had a fellow claiming he had many many years of experience posting on here lately that was spear heading an anti snaring campaign and spewing nonsense about other members. He was baned approx 7 days before you showed up. In your 2nd and 3rd post you have mentioned snares not working twice now. Maybe just a coincidence, but you do seem to have an issue with me, and just last week I told the guy that got banned to go F&@& himself. Again maybe just coincidence.