View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenRange View Post
Ok, so I agree the kid is clearly guilty. But I think they should have aimed for the tires to disable the vehicle and then handle the situation. I'm a rancher so I look at this situation in this respect, if I'm in the corral and a cow decides to take a run at me, guess what, I run for the fence to get out of the way or I wait till she gets close and then quickly jump to the side. I don't stand there and try to whack her in the head with a fence post when she's committed and close. I like to think a cow is a lot more limber than a Toyota Corrolla. The kid presented no weapon, except that ridiculous excuse that a vehicle is a weapon in this situation. Point being why didn't the front cop jump out of the way to prevent injury and then the rear officers disable the vehicle? The front officers vehicle was in place to give him time to get out of the way. Would have been a lot cheaper on our justice system then dealing with a quadriplegic inmate.

You might feel differently, if the car thief had run over one of your family members , after getting around the police vehicles, and continuing his attempt to escape. The fact that he was willing to ram the police vehicles makes it very evident that he could care less about the safety of anyone else. It would have been much cheaper for the taxpayers, if the police had shot straighter.