View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 07:00 PM

Sweet sauce recipe:

While the donair loaf is cooling its time to make the sweet sauce. The longer the sauce sits the thicker it gets and the more the flavors come out.

1- can eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup- vinegar
2 tsp- garlic powder

Put condensed milk in bowl add vinegar and garlic powder, mix, mix and keep mixing everything will come together, have faith and keep mixing!

If you managed to wait till the next day the slicing of the donair loaf will be easier. Slice loaf into 1/16" slices. Heat up frying pan at med heat. Fry donair slices to desired crispyness levels and prepare pita bread.

Preparing pita:

take pita and quickly, I repeat QUICKLY rinse in water and fry in hot frying pan with a bit of olive olive, 20-30 seconds is all it take to make it useable. remove from heat and add kraft mozza cheese slices, followed by crisped venison donair meat, home made donair sweet sauce, lettuce, tomato, onion and of course more sweet sauce.

Damn thats good eating. I have been told I make the best best donair in edmonton from a buddy that I consider a donair Guru! Everybody enjoy and any question please ask!