Thread: 08 whitetail
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 08:09 PM

Default 08 whitetail

So on Wednesday Nov 26 i anchored this alright whitetail. For a second buck i guess he ain't bad. Here is the story.

So me and my dad were driving these field when my dad saw a buck bedded down. We tried a sneek but it turned out to be a little 3 by 3 mulie. So we were heading back to the truck when all of a sudden I heard some banging and clashing of horns, I turn back and it's 2 whitetails fighting. So my dad and I walk towards them but then they ran of. So we go for a walk and my dad sees a deer in the trees, He goes around a different patch of trees and i wait on a fence post. So when my dad is going around the trees he sees a 190 class mulie and it runs off, while in the mean time im about to shoot at this whitey coming out of the trees. So the mulie runs off and i shoot at the whitetail. Then i yell to my dad "whitetail, dropped him in his tracks". Then my dad yells back and says "are you sure you didnt shoot the big mulie", and i said no.
So we walk up to my deer and took some field pictures. Turns out i hit him just below the spine.
Can you guys tell me what he ruff scores.
Thank-you.