View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 08:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkdiesel View Post
For a job you want nothing to do with you had no problem letting people think that's what your position was. I don't care what you actually do or not. You let on you were running the show, you are not.

I suggested buying a trapline to help with the problem you see out there in the foothills, this would be no problem if you were actually in the position you let on you were. But you have clarified that you in fact are not the one in charge or the one "babysitting the drilling rig". Again I really don't care what you do.

If I told people I was performing surgery earlier today, people would think I was a doctor. Not the guy who delivered the linens to the operating room.

Now back on topic. Although I agree with most of your views on hunting and wildlife management this "Screwing the pooch" comment about trappers I believe is way off line. I agree there are a few bad apples that paint a bad picture for some but I don't believe "trappers as a whole are falling down on the job" as you stated before. That would be like saying all outfitters are thieving poachers or all farmers are simple minded. Both groups have some of each, but it's definitely not a true representation of the whole group.

As many others have stated already you are more then welcome to join the trappers in helping with population control or devote all your free time to gunning down as many wolves as you see fit. Pointing fingers only leads to fingers eventually being pointed at you.
Holy cow, i simply stated I have to be at a rig babysitting part of it. Did I say I ran the whole show?? I sit in a shack on site 24/7 for 14-21 days straight. No different than you but you probably at least get 12hr relief. Why because I know a main part of the drilling of these well better than the drilling consultants such as yourself!! So yes I baby sit a part of the rig with more knowledge of it. Guys like you would have a disaster if guys like me, directional and geology didnt all work together as a team so you can knock yourself down a notch your far from a one man show out there on your rigs.

So tell me Tork what part of the world are you showing them how to drill wells??

And I do my far share to take predators out of the west country and try to do my part with wolves when I get the time. You dedicate your time to your line. I dedicate my time off on the cats. So now if we can get more guys out and about on both the hunting front and trapping front we may actually get something heading in the right direction!!