View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 02:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkdiesel View Post
I'm sorry, I misunderstood your comment about "babysitting a drilling rig". You should have clarified that you "babysit a couple centrifuges and a flock tank"

If you were actually "babysitting a drilling rig", you wouldn't need to borrow a couple hundred grand from me.

When I tell people "I'm out babysitting a rig" it's because I actually am. But I'm the Drilling and completions Supervisor.

You can see how people could get the wrong impression about your means to purchase said trapline.
Oh actually dont baby sit the centrifuges( we also have an onsite centrifuge hand that covers this) nor a floc tank which in our area is strictly for storing basically lateral liner displacement fluid. Our build floc water section in our Int. wells is floced right in the active mud tanks with polymer injection.

And pretty proud of your job title. Personally would hate to be tied to a phone with calgary and gladly choose the position im in. The extra $500/day approx that you get doesnt appeal to me for the added head aches and babysitting. And by many of the guys taking consulting jobs via strat programs these days its not the vastly experienced title that it once was back when I was roughnecking.
Like to see most of the guys sitting in these positions now drill a 6900m play in the Panther River area with the knowledge they carry. Be some scary watching!
Just like trapping, consulting there are some great knowledgeable guys out there then there is now a large numbers of guys just filling the roll being yes men phone jockeys for Calgary!!!

Pop me a PM anytime you wanna BS drilling. Just because one has drilling supervisor in there resume doesnt mean they are the only on with experience or most experience on the lease. You may have a ton of drilling knowledge but you may be surprised what others below you have as well

Last edited by sheepguide; 10-11-2013 at 02:59 AM.