View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 11:02 AM
sheep hunter

Default Re: Crossbows

Quote:
There already is a provision for disabled hunters to use a crossbow during the archery season.
Pappy, again you speak about something you know nothing of and I don't blame you as this is a common misconception in the archery community, due largely to them taking the ostrich approach to learning about crossbows...sticking their heads in the sand. Very few people can get a disabled crossbow permit. Take the time to read the act and you'll see that you must be missing a limb to qualify. So those countless people that are too old, have shoulder, elbow or wrist injuries that prevent them from drawing a vertical bow are excluded.

I can't see how getting the existing hunters spending more days in the field is a bad thing./ It makes our sport stronger. I think the biggest worry the ABA has is not a rush of new hunters but the fact that 95% of their own members are multi-weapon hunters and are the most likely to try the crossbow......litterally gutting their organization. I don't see the huge influx of rifle hunters taking up the bow that the ABA states (but it does make for great fear mongering)...but I sure do see crossbow hunters coming from within their own ranks and definiately the majority would come from within the ranks of existing bow hunters in this province.