View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 06:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak View Post
Could just be the picture, its probably just dirt and grit which I will clean out. I shoot winchester supreme 99% of the time and they are all nickel plated. The corner is actual no broken off just bent back which makes me think its by design but I'm not sure. In the first picture you can kind of make out where the crease is and the metal bends back. Its hard to make out if you haven't seen it in person though. Thanks everyone for looking and giving ideas!! If I could find some 270 brass I would just try and see if its the cases or the plating. It just happens that I have a bunch of these from before I decided to reload.
I truly believe that your extractor claw should not be bent back by design. If so, it would be a first for me. I believe that it is either bent back from a previous incident or by design fault or weakness. If it were my rifle, I would grind or file off that bend and give it a whirl. Even if you remove it, you still have an extractor and your gun's safety aspect will not be compromised.