View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 08:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepguide View Post
I ask about this zone as I know it well and know the outfitters personally so i was curious the numbers you would show and what you think the success rates are. Of the 5 resident tags last year I know that they only harvested maximum of 3 bulls as I know two tags that were unfilled. I'll have to ask my friend what they have for tags as they have all the rifle tags if I remember correct and I beleive all archery tags are also owned by a guy I know so if there is actually 9 outfitter tags I believe their success is also very minimal as I thought they were only taking 1-2 rifle moose hunters a year. Something to look into for sure.

If they have 9 outfitter tags and 5 resident tags that there is a problem in itself.

Pretty sure that your success numbers are on the high side.
SRD doesn't call around to your "personal buddies" when it is deciding how many tags to give out. They may use online harvest info but maybe not. Considering that there were 5 resident tags for 9 outfitter tags, you could argue they aren't using any formulas or data.

I didn't post all that **** for you to critique my success numbers but thanks for that. I did it to show you that by replacing the outfitter allocations with resident tags of low harvest success, you can add significantly to the number of tags available and make a drastic impact on the time you have to wait to get drawn. I hope you see that.

If the outfitting success is so terrible/minimal, why is ERSD directly depriving residents of a chance to hunt 420 moose? There is quite a line up as you know.