View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb View Post
no need to dial the scope, just use a hha optimizer speed dial. Crossbows are in their infancy as far as research and development go, compound bows seem to be topping out on what they can do. Crossbows will continue to advance so that they are well above any other type of bow in efficiency and accuracy. They have no place in a regular archery season with hand drawn and held bows. Are they a useful tool for hunting? Sure. Do i have any problem with people hunting with one? No, but they should remain in the seasons they are in now or have their own season like we have in saskatchewan which is a month long season alongside muzzleloaders. I would even consider trying one for hunting but i would have no problem using it in the season it is already legal for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3mhunter View Post
so of all of these are hunting tools/weapons which rely on arm power for their ability to be thrown and/or drawn and/or released…… knife, spear, trad bows, compounds, xbows. However, what you will find is a defining line that the majority of the archery community has used for the greater part of a hundred years (if not longer) to classify their tools… the knife and spear are obviously out (unless someone cares to argue this as well), but not the traditional bows or the compound. The difference has always been, that the crossbow is not considered a bow as it has 100% let-off. This is to say that a bow is bent and held by muscle power alone. Crossbows cannot be classified similarly because despite all of the similarities they have that one, inescapable, inherent mechanical advantage.
My feelings exactly - well put... Thanks