View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose smasher View Post
How practical is taking the scope caps off and dialling the scope up 46 clicks in the field for a hunting shot? Its not practical at all. How many clicks up for say 91 yards or 67 yards? If a compound shooter is skilled enough to make those kind of long shots they will have their sights already set to that or very close to it.

Goose smasher
No need to dial the scope, just use a HHA optimizer speed dial. Crossbows are in their infancy as far as research and development go, compound bows seem to be topping out on what they can do. Crossbows will continue to advance so that they are well above any other type of bow in efficiency and accuracy. They have no place in a regular archery season with hand drawn and held bows. Are they a useful tool for hunting? Sure. Do I have any problem with people hunting with one? No, but they should remain in the seasons they are in now or have their own season like we have in Saskatchewan which is a month long season alongside muzzleloaders. I would even consider trying one for hunting but I would have no problem using it in the season it is already legal for.