Thread: Crossbows???
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 01:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryley View Post
See thats my point potty. Im sure youre a great guy and im sure we could swap stories all day long over a beer and walk away happy. But making a random statement like that about the only 3 xbow hunters youve encountered, whether true or not, really only adds to that general perception about bowhunters percieving themselves as superior in every way. I think some of you guys are taking statements from guys like me the wrong way. Nothing would make me happier than to see guys beleive everything i do, do things my way, be as much of a purist as i try to be, only still hunt like i do, challenge themselves to get closer than last year whether it be with a gun or bow, just because they enjoy challenging themselves. But thats a pipedream and honestly a lot of guys dont get involved in hunting because they think its too much work. I really dont care if the next guy is 'lazier' than me. I do care if theres fewer hoops to jump through to at least try everything once. If a guy only has an interest in xbows and couldnt be bothered with a compound, and his interest affords him the opportunity to try big game hunting in warm mid september weather then to me thats awesome, as we will probably have another fraternity member willing to drop half his months income supporting the outdoors every year.
lol yes, only reason you've encountered so few crossbows is because why?....wait for it........why would there be any number of them at all in this province? its such an evil criminals tool lol...dang we are so far behind on this we think we're way out front, smells fishy Potty but rest assured kicking the door open with a verticle bow would be 100x more effective than a loaded crossbow inside a truck...my goodness touching off a crossbow going off inside a truck sounds like an instant hospital visit to me....then again...i'm sure it was the crossbow that told the poachers you ran into to be....well....poachers, has to be the crossbows fault due to pure evilness....not poachers who look for any way to kill stuff, no rules, guns/bows(all of them) you name it....but yeah...those crossbows just looked at those guys and made them poachers...nature of the beast ha ha...the verticle bow as mentioned is more versatile than the crossbow...even if you don't like to step out of the truck as I see it as soon as door open its just like shooting left out of your treestand, sitting and all, need a gunner for the otherside of the truck find a lefty to ride with ya lol....what do guys do with loaded crossbows in truck when fish cops pull up behind them? can they decock them easily enough or just dry fire the thing in cab without a bolt in....I dunno, not saying poachers are thick with grey matter but if a guy used some the verticle bow would be the way to go....sad to say its the more versatile tool....even for poachers

why do these lame arguments continue, I knew we were going to get to the data stage in this thread, the links will be coming, all the proof stuff etc....man I hope not, there is right and wrong, run as many deflectionary scenerios as you can to keep the focus off the truth....this is a good time of year for a little fun