Thread: Crossbows???
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post
Just tired of guys shooting xguns from inside their vehicles on private land... I was refering to comment on how you could care less if you ran into a guy xgun hunting. .. I generally would too , but each one I've ran into has been charged... and those are just the ones I've caught...

That's the only part you want to comment on, from that who post?
See thats my point potty. Im sure youre a great guy and im sure we could swap stories all day long over a beer and walk away happy. But making a random statement like that about the only 3 xbow hunters youve encountered, whether true or not, really only adds to that general perception about bowhunters percieving themselves as superior in every way. I think some of you guys are taking statements from guys like me the wrong way. Nothing would make me happier than to see guys beleive everything i do, do things my way, be as much of a purist as i try to be, only still hunt like i do, challenge themselves to get closer than last year whether it be with a gun or bow, just because they enjoy challenging themselves. But thats a pipedream and honestly a lot of guys dont get involved in hunting because they think its too much work. I really dont care if the next guy is 'lazier' than me. I do care if theres fewer hoops to jump through to at least try everything once. If a guy only has an interest in xbows and couldnt be bothered with a compound, and his interest affords him the opportunity to try big game hunting in warm mid september weather then to me thats awesome, as we will probably have another fraternity member willing to drop half his months income supporting the outdoors every year.