Thread: Crossbows???
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post
Never said I did anything special.... Nor do I believe bow hunting is better than any other type of hunting... I do it all... Not once have I said any of that... I enjoy all of it and respect it all.... As long as its within the rules!!!

You honestly believe that including xguns in the archery season will increase the net number of hunters in this province??? Your wrong, it will just shift the same numbers.

Stereotyping me one way, would stereotype you the other way then, wouldn't you think.? Cause that's how a lot of people perceive you on here.

Each time I ran into a xgun in the field , I had to make a phone to to F&W to have someone charged ... 3 for 3..... But I have hunted with a guy who used a xgun...he only had 3 fingers and on his only arm.

Each interest association in Alberta , is build on the basis of taking care of their own interest.... I could be wrong, but fnaws (for sheep) doesn't really have much to do with the antelope.... Each group is formed with their own specific and specialized topic and agenda at hand..... Can't say I begrudge any of them for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by petew View Post
Those missing the point are those that think a Cross Bow is archery.
It's funny how we don't see crossbows being used in the general seasons where they are permitted.
I have yet to see 1 person with a crossbow during the general seasons , however I have seen many bowhunters with Traditional bows, and compounds hunting in the general seasons.
How many pro crossbow posters are involved in the guiding industry, where allowing crossbows would increase revenue for them? and how many are involved in the Crossbow industry where stirring the pot with these threads might be good for business?
Pete
FYI pete, I hunted almost the entire general season with my crossbow.