View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 12:45 AM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by winger7mm View Post
Ok so you wanna talk gun accidents while afield. Im not gonna look into people shooting other people, cause within hand gun range there should be NO MISTAKEN identity, So well go with self inflicted gun shots. Loaded rifle leaning up against a fence while crossing, guy in the pickup, slip and falls yada yada yada. Now picture this? You have your pistol on your hip, IN a holster..... It remains there the entire time, until you need to use it for defense, shoot a grouse or whack some kind of varmin. You are just as likely to be shot by said gun while your at home and its sitting in your gun cabinet 99.9% of guns dont "just" go off on there own. The biggest thing about all this is its better to have and not need then need and not have, OR maybe is it having the choice to carry???

I think its about choice, I dont know you personally but I can almost guarantee you are forced into "choices" you dont agree with and would definitely like to go your way. Point is we should be allowed to have that choice.

Ill look into it later tonight or tomorrow before work and report back, but ill use alaska as an example, they are allowed to carry and see how many gun "accidents" there are. Seeing how they have dangerous bears there and most carry for protection
im well aware guns dont just go off . The firing swich must be engaged .
But what I know is even on a craft with a crew of four men all trained in the cunning ways of murphy accidents happen some what often.
Take the missfire on the iowa class battle ship, ten men all trained to run a weapon system,all well aware of the concequences of a mistake, all doing there best to prevent a accident. Yet in the denali time frame more men have been kill BY ACCIDENT with the main guns on a iowa than killed by bears Iin the park .