Thread: moose attack
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 04:02 AM
grandzillaa

As far as moose attacks go I came across 3 moose at 3 different times in 3 different spots(same wmu) who started to run after me, 2 were cows and one was a bull. I wasn't even hunting moose ,only deer that year. The one cow saw me and came from behind some trees and started to chase me, I had a 70 yard lead so I ran to some fallen logs and hit the ground and tried to get as much cover as I could get. She stop about 70 yards from me and ran back to the bush she came from. The next day another cow came out of the bush and started after me but she stopped running only after about 20 yards. As for the bull well that was :eek man am I in for it now type of thing. I was watching this bull moose from about 80 yards away for about 45mins, he was very healthy, and had a fine shinny coat, and I mean it did shine in the sun. Anyhow I lost sight of him, so I went about my deer hunt looking for that nice buck, about 20 mins later I came to the area where I might fine a group of deer and as I made my way through a small bushy area I heard a snorking and a stomping sound. So I looked to my left and there was a cow and a bull looking at me, and the bull was stomping his foot and moving his head a bit and well he started to move (not away from me) but towards me, and my lead was very small, well off I ran faster than I ever did before for about ....well I,m not sure the yards maybe 75yds. Just to fined myself at a river that made a u shape around me that was about 5 ft deep at the corners(for i put a stick in it once before) and a the rivers bank was about 6-7 feet high. I stopped at the rivers edge and thought well this is it, so I turned around and waited for the hit. But there was no hit, it was just me and the moose looking at each other from 20 yards away, so I started to talk, make sounds and he stared a bit and walked back into the trees to his mate I assume.