View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
Tagged one last night with the 18 wheeler. The pooch came out from behind a snow bank as I was cruising out on Hi-way 63. On coming traffic, right at the last light of the day, couldn't swerve left and I wasn't taking the ditch. I was too far down the road by the time I got stopped to try and turn around or walk back to let the owners know. On my return I seen he was gone, and it was past midnight, so I kept going. Wasn't a good night or even close to a restful one after that.

Is it possible to teach dogs to not chase after vehicles? I have had a few over the years and none ever done this? Why do dogs chase vehicles? If you live along a busy hi-way and your dog was a tire-biter wouldn't you try and curb the behaviour or keep him tied up?
BW
A very interesting question i.m.o. as a kid we had a lab/collie mix, and man did he ever chase cars. didnt matter if it went slow, fast, big or small he couldnt resist. in fact almost a few times he got his nose ripped off or worse. However my dog now (rottie/mastiff) has no ambition to chase cars or even look at them. funny thing is that i grew up in the country with the lab dog where he wasnt that used to vehicles crusing by every 15 seconds. and lived in the city for past 10 years now and had my current dog for 6 years.. maybe my current dog is more used to seeing cars and therefore doesnt care about chasing. maybe its not that i dont know.