Thread: New bow sights
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normanrd View Post
I might think twice about that. I was wondering about how they compensate betwen the difference in ballistics between a bow that goes 260 fps and a bow that gos 350 fps so I emailed thm and asked. Their reply was that "the speed did not matter, it worked for anything in that range". I emailed them back and asked if they were trying to tell me that the external balistics for the same arrow doing those 2 drastically different speeds were exactly the same, meaning that the arrow will follow the same arc no matter what the speed is? Their reply was " that they had no way to compesate for speed differences in their sight and that it just worked for those speeds". I laughed and wrote them off.

Norm
I don't have this sight, but I've read up on it. You first sight in your 20yd pin. Then sight in your 30yd pin. The 40, 50, 60 yd pins will automatically be adjusted to follow based on the trajectory of the arrow according to your bow speed. So if your bow is shooting the arrow at 260fps, your gap between the 20 and 30 yd pins will be greater than a bow shooting 300fps and the gaps between the 40, 50 and 60 yd pins will widen proportionally as well. Again, don't have one, just what I understand from what I've read.