View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyedude View Post
Wow.

Some of you guys must be pretty careless with your stuff or just really accident prone. I've been hauling one piece rods around all my life and I've never broken one during transport.

Either in the boat or in the box/cab of the truck, I've never had a problem packing them in such a way that they're safe and secure, and for the most part, out of the way.
You are correct in taking precautions - but put a 8ft one piece in the bed of your truck (mine is a 6ft bed) and try packing stuff in there without it being damaged is more trouble than it's worth.

All my one peice stuff stays in the boat.

I had a propane tank in the corner of the bed (which) was bungy corded bounce up and crush one of the eyes on a pretty expensive one piece rod.

I was pretty ****ed about it as I was very careful when laying it in my bed and securing all the stuff around the rods like a clever puzzle.

That was definitely a 1/1000 kind of incident but that was it for packing the one pieces anywhere except in my boat. With a two piece there would have been no puzzles to solve or bungy cord lottery games to play. You will also leave your driveway 15 minutes earlier .....lol.

Both types of rods have thier merits - but choosing what is best for you, like anything in life, depends on your application.