View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcat View Post
One of the best I've heard:
Guy is pointing the zoom ring of the 3-9x40 scope on the rifle.
"You put it on 3, then you zero it at 300 feet, if you want to shoot further, you turn the dial. At 9 it will be zeroed to 900 feet".
I jump in, telling that it's just a zoom, the adjustement will stay the same regardless of the power.
The owner looked at me 3-4 seconds, then said: "No, those are working that way" in a kind of 'mind your business' tone.
I walked away, scope was a 3200.
ha ha , yeah i was breaking in a new 17 hmr on a friend of a friends land so the guy (land owner)pulled out his 17, it was a lever gun with a scope , and he thought the same thing ,- thought the power or the objective-focus lens was what changed its POI. i laughed really good and explained it to him . he says well i guess thats why im always missing those grouse. (or something like that)

so i took his rifle off him and sighted it in for 100 yards ( really innacurate though- but since he was so clueless i didnt really care)as best i could. told him if the target is at 30 yards aim low and at 150 yards aim a foot high above the target- or something like that.