View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLLER View Post
That is why I run a 3ft. leader on the sinker and a 6ft on the lure line.

Never snags or tangles and works great. I also use a reel with a line counter so it takes the guess work out of how deep I am fishing.

The snap weights work great too. Usually you would let out 5oft of line then snap on the weight and let out another 50 or more depending on how deep you are going to fish. The size of weight also determines how deep your hook is going to run. They cost about 40 bucks for a full set and you can get tham at Bass.

The 3 way is the cheapest. A 3 way swivel with a 3 oz sinker.
I understand the concept - just trying to figure out how that is better or what possible advantage it has over an in-line sinker.

Maybe the compound angle? That would be the only difference that I could think of.

Jet Divers or Smaller Dipsy's (with a reel counter) would give you exacting depth control - not sure how a sinker of any sort (in-line or 3 way) could do that (with or without a line counter).

We have great luck on Waterhen (deep summer walleyes) dragging a 20/30 jet diver in front of a lure.

I have also done very well on a dipsy diver for Lakers.

The Dipsy diver out fishes my rigger all the time !!!!

Most times (prairie fishing) me and my buddy just drag dipsys and leave the rigger collecting dust - just crank one Left and the other to the Right (direction and depth control).