View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 12:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
Not so Jamie. The archery harvest allocation (15%) will have to be issued using rifle success rates as the licence will be valid for both seasons.

Perhaps yes to a extent. But it will still allow for a extra 15% of available tags.
What that will do to the numbers, i have no idea.

I look at it this way. The Gov wants 100 md bucks taken out of wmu xxx

Fall 2012 had 15 going to anticipated bow harvest and 85 going to the draw guys (actual tags available)

Fall 2013 should still see 100 MD taken out of that zone. Now all will be available for any hunting group.

Splinter groups are not an issue, there is more inuty at the AGMAG meeting than one would imagine.

The problem is F&W is splintering the management agreements. Why make the archery change before the Draw system contract is renewed? Why make sheep changes before finishing the new Sheep management plan? Why do a five year outfitter Allocation the year before doing a new outfitter Policy?
I think splinter groups are part of the issue. Lets spend our time and limited power in the most effective manor. We need more power in Edmonton. Now how are we going to get it?

All of he above is just spit balling. But there has to be a better way of doing things.

Jamie