View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 06:56 AM

I have been watching this thread for a while, thought I would add to it. For a lot of years, Cat equipment only had one key, don't know what its like now or what other brands are like.

Years ago, I ran my own construction business. I still have my own dragline, learning how to run it was tough, learning how to keep it running was tougher. About 20 years ago, a farmer gave me an abandoned dragline. It had been used to dig a dugout on his property and then left there, the former owner couldnt be tracked down. It took me some time and equipment to get it onto solid ground and loaded onto a truck and unloaded at home.

I am not running my iron these days, I can make more money running someone elses. But in the not too distant future, semi retirement could kick in, running my dragline is an option that I could like. Finding draglines and salvaging them would sure help that plan.

I am looking for draglines that are for sale, running or not. My brand of preference is Bucyrus Erie, but would look at most anything. I think people would prefer to see their old iron put to a good use instead of sold for scrap.