View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 03:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock1 View Post
I see you holding a lion in your photo, you prob shot in africa as a non resident because you can obviously afford it. How many african residents do you think harvested lions in the area of africa you were in?

hmmmm...
Africa is unique alright. Anyone in the world can pay to kill animals there. It is no secret that they are for sale. Resident, non residents, a dog if he could pull the trigger or whomever. Its clearly advertised on websites. Generally it is privatized to some sort of degree and the opportunity is on the level for whomever can save up... Thats just the way it is. I didnt come up with the system.

Alberta doesnt sell game animals, or at least it doesnt to residents. You apply or buy a tag and the entire opportunity to do so is in the hands of the govt, in this case SRD. They let you draw or buy a tag based on their statistics. Their data has put residents behind non residents in terms of opportunity regardless of price, taxation contribution or home province. This is where i disagree with the system, not the fact that people from other places want to hunt here. Its how the govt puts their interests in front of the resident.