View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwbirds View Post
We just did 3 + hours spotting for a goose shoot and knocking on some doors and only saw one running coyote in all that time in some prime country. Just seems to be far fewer of them this year.
Good news is we found 4 fields with 600 plus geese, bad news owners of land don't support hunting of any kind.
Did about 6hr drive time today., for goose shoot in morning, No dogs about 3 inches fresh snow, will be hunting Lentils in morning, with close to 1000 in field, couple issues they come in very high, and do not start to hit the fields till about 11:am, will be in total whites with a big old decoy resting on my belly. have another area with permission about 300 birds, come in lower and we can rest up in a fence line with high grass, there is 5 of us hunting and I got out voted 4-1 , Man, that fence line looked to me . birds were landing 20 yards from fence. and clearing the fence by about 10 yards. Lets see what the goose gods bring us in the morning. We saw a few birds leave an area and we drove over to it had about 15 skinned coyotes in a pile. 4 miles from a colony????

LIFE IS TO SHORT TO HAVE AN UGLY LOOKIN DOG .....GET A LAB