View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
Okay so you don't agree. How do you see fair chase?
Remember I hunt with a rifle, not a bow. I just said that in my opinion what I do is not fair chase. And I specified what I think is fair chase.

Since you disagree maybe you'd care to share your concept of fair chase with the rest of us.

And BTW, I did not say anything about public opinion not driving legislation.
I have no idea how you could have got that from my post.
Would you care to explain?
Gladly....I'm just happy I didnt get a warning for disagreeing with you this time!

Well...lets start with an organization that defines it...

"FAIR CHASE, as defined by the Boone and Crockett Club, is the ethical, sportsmanlike, and lawful pursuit and taking of any free-ranging wild, native North American big game animal in a manner that does not give the hunter an improper advantage over such animals. "

Does using a rifle give us an advantage over bow hunting? Yes...it sure does.

Does baiting give us an advantage? Yes, it does.

Does running them down in a truck give us an advantage? Yes..and one could say an 'improper' advantage.

It doesnt take a really intelligent person to see where I drew the lines between public opinion, fair chase, and legislation. For the most part, if something gives hunters an 'improper' advantage, public opinion often will sway legislators to control it. When I hear a "hunter" saying that hunting with a rifle isnt fair chase it makes me cringe is all...

I beleive that a very large majority of hunters care about 'fair chase' and want to know that they are not taking steps that are giving them an improper advantage. To make a blanket statement that you 'dont care' about fair chase and then define the difference between archery and rifle hunting is showing your own biases and truly helps attack ethical hunting practices from within.

Why worry so much about pool noodles or guys shooting from vehicles if you truly dont care about fair chase???? Hmmmmm.....

A guy can go round and round on this one, which I'm not interested in doing (with you especially), but my only point is that I dont expect to hear a "hunter" saying he doesnt care about any fair chase practices. Makes me think you're actually defining it differently than the majority of hunters or just rambling without substance...