View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 06:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeslayer22 View Post
Question for you ISB if its -20 below end of November a buck is run down from the rut and as most big bucks are mostly nocturnal. He has to eat and needs high protein food to get him through the winter. His choices are a bait pile in th middle of 320 acres of bush that he fed on all year or a wide open 160 acre field where he has to make his self vulnerable during daylight hrs. !
you had it right...then contradicted yourself. a true mature big buck will seldom show himself in daylight ever. sometimes for a dsoe...for food....almost never. some pretty dedicsated guys from saskatchewan have chimed in here saying exactly what i did....including the CWTV leader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKON View Post
CB
The point I'm trying to make is , The information out there re cwd is it fact or alot of ass u mee........ Is cwd a threat in Alberta, don't know..... Is some of the info re cwd wrong, I question it and challenge it...... Does cwd have anything to do with baiting cervids?...... You tell me, I don't buy the arguement.....Is cwd spreading like cancer at an alarming rate as suggested?.... I don't buy that at all, are we just submitting more heads? and Are we just testing further from the border and it appears it's spreading....
Now Do you have the answers to these questions?
hard to imagine you didnt read it yourself in several multi page threads. i dont live and hunt there, but you do....if anyone id think you would have gotten the info straight up, but ill throw you a few answers anyway.

cwd is a small threat everywhere. it was first discovered in clorado in the late 60s. today colorado has several times the deer density that we do. you can add that up yourself.

is some of the info wrong...well no, the info from colorado and wyoming is not....but the bullsnot being peddled by srd certainly is. computer modelling from them showed more tha 80% infection by now with all of albertas deer dead by 2015.

it is spreading to more areas of the province....slowly. is that alarming?....you can decide.

there has been testing from across the province for several years...usually on roadkills. the percentage of infected animals tested has risen very slightly over the last 7 years. total heads tested varies, but percentage levels the answers.

and i wouldnt suggest calling speckle contact at srd. that is the biggets reason for the bullsnot that has happened. that bio is driving her own ego by experimenting on our deer herds. this would be a better place to start...
http://www.cwd-info.org/index.php/fu...about.timeline

it shows clearly how cwd came here. it has NOT been around forever...it was imported from the US...and exported to korea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Oatey View Post
One of the biggest misconceptions that I keep seeing is about CWD. It is not alive, it is not a virus, it is not a bacteria, you can't "kill" it as it is not alive.

It is a prion, a misshaped protein. Sick animals shed these prions, in tears, urine, feces. These proteins can stay in the soil for over 10yrs. The more prions shed, the easier chance that an animal will ingest these prions and they can then start folding the normal cells in the brain and boom more CWD.

now there is a guy that gets it. that is also the answer as to why culling has never been and never can be effective.