View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Got2fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyfisher87 View Post
Glad to hear you made out well. I prefer to support the local Mom and Pop shops in the city. In fact, I have 3 within a 5 to 10 minute drive of my house here in Calgary. Fish Tales being one of them. I enjoy the conversation as much as I enjoy buying stuff.
What other local shops could you recommend? How does country pleasure's fly shop hold up compared to fish-tales. I was very impressed with the selection of materials. They were saying they are in the process of renovating, and that they will have more tying supplies in stock in the near future. I will be taking advantage of mail ordering from them. Saves me the drive. Certain things I do like to check out in person, but synthetics I don't mind getting online.

Today I purchased some body fur from the fishing hole and fish tales. I'm not discouraging anybody from buying materials from the fishing hole, but inspect what you are getting before buying. The package of body fur from Fish Tales had twice the ammount than the same package from the fishing hole. Not sure if this is standard practice from the fishing hole to stretch out stock but not impressed and no longer making any purchases from the fishing hole.