View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccam1 View Post
To those who wish to slam the people releasing these birds. Until you do it, you are just flapping you gums in ignorance. Allot of the time you are one person attempting to release a few hundred birds in one day during daylight hours. I have tried in the dark and have ended up walking a long way for help to get a stuck truck out. And before you say you should not be alone guess what. Most of the people who do this are volunteers and there are not enough. You do not have the time to drive past every site where people are waiting, they are waiting at the next site anyway, you do not have the next day off work to go back and try again, the birds may not make the night in the boxes if you can make it out the next day. So before you do more bashing get off your arses and lend a hand. The clubs and people that do this would really appreciate your help and believe me it's needed.
I have heard of trucks even FOLLOWING the release truck, what' with that??!!
I really don't think that you release truck drivers have much choice , like you say, you have a certain amount of time to get the job done, and trying to get away from a bunch of idjits with guns would amount to a Keystone Cops movie.
Cat

Last edited by catnthehat; 10-28-2012 at 11:17 AM.