View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thredneck View Post
15 people got sick, how many people DIED (thats a lot worse than getting sick if you didn't know) from samonella in vegtables, last time I checked everone is still eating vegtables. What are people going to eat if they quit eating beef? Pork? Don't you remember that there won't be bacon in the new year? That was the news a few weeks ago. Remember it's food and people have short memories.
Thanks for the sarcasm If you re-read my post, you will find that nowhere did I say that everyone is going to stop eating beef. Those were your words, not mine. I simply said that there will be a decrease in the demand of beef stemming from buyer uncertainty. This means that SOME people will purchase substitutes of beef for the next while. Keep reading and you will also find that I explained what will be the result of the decrease in demand will be. Low Prices. At this point, the downward price trend will continue for a while. The market is not something that can respond to changes over night. If you would like, I can cite a series of complex formulas and graphs to back up my point.