View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 06:46 AM

I have a run in with my neighbor every time i cut the grass. We have 1.5 acre parcels. I do have to admitt my riding mower is ugly, and although it has a huge muffler on it, i think the baffles are long blown out of it.

Anyways, he usually waits til i'm about half ways done mowing the lawn and then i see him like clock work heading over with 2 cold beers in his hand. So i shut down ol barky...yes sometimes it backfires. And we have a beer, then when he notices i'm about half way done my beer, he phones his house and tells his son to bring over 2 more. Well his son is pretty lazy and thinks he can save a trip or two walking decides to bring a six pack. Then his wife comes home and notices him over at my place and figures since its such a hot day to bring a bucket of beer over on ice. At this point its getting overboard, but think it would probably be rude of me to turn down a generous offer. So after that bucket on that day in question, get thinking my only chore for the day was to get the lawn mowed decide its my 6 yr olds time to learn how to drive a riding mower. So i get him started on it and 2 tomato, 1 potted plant, and a gravel walkway later, i come to the conclusion that might not of been a very good idea.

So as we sit at the front of the yard we hear my wife pull up in the back....at that point my neighbor says he's full and sneaks back into his yard. It took a whole 3.5 seconds for my wife to come unglued...in which i just put up my hands in confusion and said...."DAMN NEIGHBORS"