View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by score View Post
The G** D*** cats. Well, actually the cat owners and a few. Some are good but some are ignorant and irresponsible. They crap in the garden and even right on the lawn. They spray the BBQ and everything else. The worst one, was a guy and family that just moved in two doors down. One day while outside, I saw him and walked over to introduce myself and welcome him. Well, a couple weeks later, I noticed it was two of their cats that were coming around doing their business. Next time I saw him, I walked over and very politely told him what was up. His response was I don't give a eff what they do, they're cats. What's the big deal? I just walked away and have not spoken to him since, about 3 years. I called the pound a couple of times and apparently they were fined both times. Can't really blame the cats but would love to get rid of them. The guy is a bow hunter too. So, there you go. Bow hunters are jerks.
I had the same problem a few years back. I put out soft mulch in the flower beds and the neighbor's cat seemed to feel it was a great place to leave a daily turd. I get along with the neighbor quite well, and he seemed to think it wasn't his cat since it is an indoor cat for the most part. I had scared it a few times over the fence when I cracked open the patio slider so I was certain it was the culprit
I eventually ended up with a handful of soft rocks that were buried while I was doing a bit of a spring cleanup. Irate as I was I decided to deal with this myself. I cracked a can of tuna, and left it out in the flower bed for the night. The next day, tuna was gone, juice licked clean and never had a problem again. If the cat is outside now, it seems to be on a leash that goes no further than the owner's yard.