View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
How many other little Amanda's are sitting in school today thinking that suicide will be the best way to escape this bullying problem?

How many other little Amanda's will commit a copycat suicide in the next couple of weeks?

A very sad situation. A by product of a liberal society.

Rest in Peace young lady.

Watch your children and talk to them...they are too valuble to lose.
I was in a very near place as Amanda when I was a kid. I was bullied, I was beat up, I fought back and it helped, for a little while. The bullying started again. This was in the 80's. There were no outlets to talk to. I thought about suicide. I thought about taking a gun to school and fixing everyone. I didn't. It would have been easy. I fought back. A few black eyes (mine and others) and it was an unsteady truce. High School was not filled with fond memories.

It wasn't a liberal society that causes bullying. Its bullies that cause bullying. I have two girls in elementary school right now. Last year there were cases of boys demanding smaller boys text them pictures of themselves nude or they would be beat up. Luckily one of the kids went to the principal. Again parents of the bullies, "not my little johnny, he wouldn't do anything" Guess what, what ever is said over text stays, regardless if you delete it.

I take an active role in raising my child and that includes what goes on in school. My wife and I attend parents council meetings to find out what is going on in the school. There are 500 kids in that school. Less than 10 parents show up for parents council. And it is the same parents every time. That is a problem.

My heart goes out to Amanda's family. Bullying has gone on for ages, but it doesn't have to be tolerated. I would do anything for my family.