View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 11:54 PM

I recommend that some of you actually look at the material of the Coalition for Gun Control and what else we are up against.

Realize that after the "assault rifles" (illegal anyway(, semis and handguns they will go after your "high-powered sniper rifle". Make no mistake about that. These people have emotional issues with any gun whatsoever and if it were up to them you will be hunting with a single-shot rifle with a max range of 100m. I am not kidding and I am not exaggerating.

Secondly, if anybody could provide me with a shred of evidence that any form of gun control works I might be convinced to listen; there is no evidence.
People who are set on committing crimes are not obeying the law, simple as that.

Gun control is a reflex by people who have emotional reactions to guns in general and used by politicians who either have no real solutions or whose rose-coloured world view is collapsing in the face of the reality around them.

Case in point is the recent stuff in Toronto: nobody in their right mind can really believe that taking legal handguns from IPSC shooters or 22s from Olympic competitors will make one bit of a difference with the gang problems? Trouble is real solutions are very difficult to come by and will involve questioning cultural and social issues that nobody wants to touch.