View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 03:14 PM

duceman, I appreciate your cander and respect your opinion. I am not a fan of any form of nanny state government dictating to me what I can and cannot do. I believe as a legal handgun owner I should have the right to take my .45 on a camping trip into the back country, however the law is what it is and I am bound by the laws society has put in place. My personal belief has to take a back seat and those handguns just don't make those trips.

I my case I have just never felt comfortable with the sale of assault style rifles and high capacity magazines. It just seems to be tempting fate by making those guns available to anyone who wants one. I do however accept the fact that many gun enthusiests are not hunters, and people who don't hunt represent a huge portion of over all gun ownership and have the right to own guns. I wouldn't be opposed to see a little more control for that style weapon.

Again I fully realize my opinion may not be popular with all but it's nothing more than my honest opinion. I would be 100% against a gun ban but am not so naive to believe that everyone in society would be a responsible gun owner. At some point as a member of the greater society it is encumbant on us all, gun owners or not, to make sure that we are always putting the safety of inocent people first. If that means tougher screening (not a ban) for assault rifle enthusiests then so be it.

This is without a doubt a slippery slope for people on either side of the arguement.