View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapper View Post
Probably gonna get BBQ'd for this but here it goes. Frankly I see no need for high capacity magazines, nor do I see a need for assult style weapons. If they banned all assault styled weapons and high capacity magazines it wouldn't make any differance to us hunters who don't use either. I don't have a problem with certain guns being taken off the shelves and treated like restricted weapons. I have been hunting for the better part of 40 years and I have yet to see the need for an assult rifle with a +10 round magazine in the field. Assult rifles were designed with one purpose in mind that purpose has absolutely NOTHING to do with the sport of hunting.

Now I am in for it.
There is no need for most all things. You need food, clothing, shelter and love. All else is want. That car you drive...you don't need it. I think you should drive some old beater (a Pinto maybe). All that other stuff you have...........you don't need it. Where can I come and pick it up? You're willing to sacrifice someone else's hobby because it wouldn't affect you (or us hunters)? That's just plain selfish. Tell me why an AR-15 is evil (it's not an assault rifle) and a Browning BAR is good. The "one purpose" is not true either. It's rhetoric that you borrowed from the anti-gun community. Everybody has an opinion...you voiced yours. You talk of "the sport of hunting". How about "the sport of shooting"?