View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapper View Post
Probably gonna get BBQ'd for this but here it goes. Frankly I see no need for high capacity magazines, nor do I see a need for assult style weapons. If they banned all assault styled weapons and high capacity magazines it wouldn't make any differance to us hunters who don't use either. I don't have a problem with certain guns being taken off the shelves and treated like restricted weapons. I have been hunting for the better part of 40 years and I have yet to see the need for an assult rifle with a +10 round magazine in the field. Assult rifles were designed with one purpose in mind that purpose has absolutely NOTHING to do with the sport of hunting.

Now I am in for it.
Probably don't remember Jim Zumbo. Used to be an outdoors writer, kind of like Sheephunter, His taking this kind of stand, put a severe crimp in his career. Hunting is only one legitimate use of firearms and there are a lot of people who enjoy shooting these things for their own sake. Many of those who take your position would just as soon make you hand in YOUR weapons and quit hunting. Remember that.

Grizz