View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapper View Post
Probably gonna get BBQ'd for this but here it goes. Frankly I see no need for high capacity magazines, nor do I see a need for assult style weapons. If they banned all assault styled weapons and high capacity magazines it wouldn't make any differance to us hunters who don't use either. I don't have a problem with certain guns being taken off the shelves and treated like restricted weapons. I have been hunting for the better part of 40 years and I have yet to see the need for an assult rifle with a +10 round magazine in the field. Assult rifles were designed with one purpose in mind that purpose has absolutely NOTHING to do with the sport of hunting.

Now I am in for it.
Here is where i respectfully disagree with you. Firstly hunting coyotes with a AR in .223 or 204 would be amazingly fun. So would going to the range with the same type of rifle.

Secondly, rifle types and clip limits dont change the person behind the trigger. If you bought an assult rifle would you suddenly turn into a crazed killer? The firearm doesnt matter, its who is behind it. If a lunatic intent on doing harm chooses to go on a rampage there is nothing society can do to stop him. (unless we had conceal carry and could shoot back) If he didnt have a gun he could buy a sword and chop people up running around in the mall yelling "Banzi" He could make a bunch of bombs at home and yell Allah Akbar. Crazy people intent on murder cant be stopped with gun control.