View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryley View Post
Fair enough based on the picture. Didnt you say it was a full on lake
Though? Youve never ever had one bird take a light hit a glide a few hundred yards past your wading point? Unless im missing something? I know of a couple "lakes" in wmu 232 that are more 3 foot deep giant sloughs than actual lakes....i understand if thats the case. I guess the waders thing in a big body of water just doesnt make sense to me. To walk through even a few feet of water to go after a bird 2 or 300 yards away that was wounded would take an eternity in my eyes and kind of goes against common sense in a real life practical hunting situation. Youd spend more time wading through water than actually calling and shooting.
#1Thats not frank lake
#2 Ive never lost birds to deep water
#3 I have had some winged birds go Far away and your right I am spending alot of energy and time after them.

-Ive seen guys with dogs wing birds that fly 600 yards out into the lake then Fall dead! You think there dog went and got them?

-for someone to say hunting waterfowl on water without a dog should be or is illegal because that person thinks they arent properly retrieving there birds, because they dont have a dog,is bar none one of the dumbest things ive ever heard on this forum!