View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 10:40 AM

Default Very first time

Wow, so many seasoned hunters looking for company, i feel a lil outta my leauge.
Im 25, born albertan. and have spent a few months in the rockies over my time. Hiking, river canoe trips, even got to kyayk the broken group provincal park (b.c)
BUt i have never hunted before in my life.

I've loved fishing and the outdoors since i was a wee tyke, Im decent in the woods, just never tried to use my feildcraft to bring anything home with me!

In the last year or so Ive fallen in love with traditional archery and just purchased my first bow, #45 recurve. I've become interested in hunting for food and want to start with small game(I.e rabbits, Skunks, squirrils) because i don't need tickets to get started and i can still eat it. ( waste not right?). as i understand bowhunting rabbit is supposed to be a special challange on its own. i want to learn the spot and stalk method before i start going into tree stands and the like. im planning on working up the food chain by season as i learn more and more.
Ive poured in about 100 hours of research into this, scouting, shooting, cleaning and whatnot. part of why iw wanna start small and its actually how i ended up on this site. (over and over again, thanks google)
Also shot a couple thousand arrows down range this month. Id like to think im ready as im gonna be to try.
What I am looking for is someone within 2 hours of calgary who is willing to let me come to your land and try to take a couple rabbits home with me....
I would really appreciate anything im offered really, All land/livestock/borders would be respected of course, and if you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to email or p.m me. id like to learn as much as i can as quickly as i can.
thanks
keith

any thoughts from the masses or am i out to lunch?
(p.s, sorry if i posted this in the wrong section)

Last edited by Mighty-Mouse; 07-01-2012 at 11:06 AM.