View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepgirl View Post
I would absolutely recommend a 7mm-08! Light weight but accurate, a perfect fit for ladies...Great rifle for big game, and I use it especially for the mountains since it's so nice to carry! The ol' man's always complaining that he wants to trade rifles when it comes to carrying them. Many animals agree it's deadly!
x2....the 7-08 is a tough one to beat for recoil, on game performance, and versatility IMO.

Start out doing some shooting with a 22LR and possibly a 223 or a 243, but my advice would be get a nice FITTING 7-08 (or similar) and get out and do some shooting.

As for sitting in on a Hunter's Ed course, I wouldnt see a reason why you wouldnt be able to sit in. My suggestion is see if she has any friends interested and have them go together. I think they'd have a good time learning together and could come out further ahead. My wife actually never took the course, but she studied and came out with us a few times and passed the test after challenging it. I think she'll most likely take the CORE course here in BC just to see what its all about and get some good knowledge.

Good luck out there!!!