View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by the local angler View Post
i also use this method and have great success. however the issue i had was i always bought the smallest size and in various colours of clear, green, red and when i use a red casting bubble with a fly i found the fish struck at the casting bubble more than the fly so i changed over to a clear one and did better. not really sure what the red bubble represented in its natural food but who knows. maybe i should put a hook on the casting bubble instead.lol
BWAAHAHA fishing a small stocked trout pond in BC i used to fish, in front of 30 plus witnesses a blue crane follows my cast across the pond and grabs my bubble (clear are the only ones i use) and takes off in full flight!! All i could do was loosen my drag all the way off, just before he spooled me now across the pond and into the forest i gave a slight pull hoping he'd let go before he got whiplashed and managed to pull it free, lost the fly but recovered the bubble nearly 300 yards later through the trees and across the water, i'll never forget that.